Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Ride

Lately this has become my sanity. I need to start keeping it in check so my body can use energy to heal/detox from dead Lyme bacteria (yeah!) but maybe just one more big ride before I concede to walks again. Ugh, walks...

Last Saturday was the perfect day. I left for the coast with a backpack packed with a magazine, beach towel, and bathing suit. After the killer climb (King's Mountain... during which I almost turned back at multiple points) it was pure adrenaline. I descended down beautiful (red)wooded Tunitas, then rode along the rolling HWY 1 to a beach I have always wanted to visit- Bean Hollow. I read, napped, then continued down to Santa Cruz where I met some friends for Radical Reels (Banff film fest. film).

It definitely beat the previous Saturday, when I tried to meet Dad and Tressa at the beach and overshot it by an hour and a half. It all turned out ok though, because I found two women (Sigrid and Kae) who helped me get a phone charge, water, fruit, and a ride to SC where I met up with the fam after about 3 hours of trying to find them. Learned my lesson on being prepared... Sigrid and Kae ended up being BYU alums as well! Small world.  



No comments: