Sunday, September 27, 2015

Lassen

One of my favorite national parks of all time. Every hike was beautiful for a different reason. The pictures don't even come close to doing it justice.

The mudpots.



The perfect swim... glassy lake all to ourselves just as the sun was setting. It was one of my favorite lake experiences.




Emerald Lake. Freezing (thank you, Megan, for the show) but a much needing cleansing dip after a long day of hiking.

I didn't get pictures of my favorite hike- started with meadows, streams, and wildflowers, turned to redwoods, then to rocky as we reached the top and could see the valley and mountains and live volcano and thunderstorms. It was ideal for meditating, sketching, and writing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa, your glorious adventures after your diagnosis should prove to you that you are limited only by your own beliefs and you can enjoy life's pleasures to the fullest. All my love and support to you - Therese