Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dubai and India

How to describe one of the most incredible experiences of my life... it's just not possible. A friend reminded me a few days ago that you never feel quite like you can adequately convey the experiences you have on this kind of a trip. Not even through written or spoken words or pictures. I loved it all. I laughed so hard my stomach muscles were sore most of the time. I loved the people I met. And I especially loved the moments (which were often) when I had to pinch myself and ask if I was really having that particular experience in that particular place. I think I understand the whole concept of catching the traveling bug (among other kinds of bugs I caught while there...) I got the most memorable massages of my life (hopefully I'll never have anything as memorable as that second one), experienced a completely different culture and way of doing things (squat toilets really are the way to go), and learned a whole lot about myself.

Of the 800 or so (yikes) pictures taken, I'll try to just choose the highlights

No comments: