Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kochi




Which brings me to one of the best parts of the whole trip: a bicycle ride through Kochi right when school was getting out. We were walking along the main street in Kochi just wanting to explore the fort when Curtis spotted a bike rental place. We rented some cruisers for about $1 for 24 hours (I know, a little steep, but totally worth it). There is something about riding a bike that I love more than any other activity. Maybe it's because I used to my ride bike around my neighborhood every day growing up. Whenever I travel my goal is to find a place to rent a bike and explore on two wheels rather than on two feet for a little while.

Even though riding on potholed streets with the craziness of India car traffic may not have been the safest thing to do, it was the highlight of my trip. We stopped at a couple of historical sights, then the kids were getting out of school and these two kids were so excited to be in a picture, then see their faces come up on the screen. I also saw three little girls, arms around eachother, and one of them with only one shoe on. I tried to capture it but almost ate it so figured I should probably focus on staying on my bike. There were so many pictures I wanted to take right then!



One of the reasons Kochi was my favorite place up to this point: nice clean hotel, hot shower, good hotel restaurant.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

So fun! If I can figure out how to get my bike up here, we'll have to go on bikerides...