Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Morning Pajama Party


Favorite part of being 'snowed in' (meaning we got a couple inches of snow and everything shut down...)

My little party started out at 6:45 with me realizing I was awake for the day even though I could sleep in as late as I wanted on this 'extreme weather' Sunday morning (yes, the sun is shining, the snow is melting, and yet life in the DC area has come to a stand still... but I'm not complaining).

At about 8:30 Suz pops her head into my room and we chat, girl chat. I would be violating some code of girl talk if I were to divulge. Then we hear a loud banging on the wall in Sarah's room. We lure her into our chat sesh. KA passes my room a few minutes later and without hesitation jumps on my bed and finds her spot. More girl talk, more laughing, and MJ couldn't stay away.

I've had different forms of the early morning/late night pajama parties throughout my life and I have to say they are my favorite moments in life, no question. Saturday morning congregating on mom and dad's bed, staying up late with my sisters during the summer when Kimberly was home from BYU, sharing and discovering insights with Kristina and Dad when everyone else is sleeping, pillow talk at Duck, early morning chats with mom when I go home, wrestling matches with Tress, and of course late night and early morning chats with roommates, sometimes all at once:)

2 comments:

Susie said...

I love girl talk with you. You are the best. That was a great memory this morning with all the roomies. Thanks for being such an integral part of my life now. Loves.

Sarah said...

I have to agree with Susie. That was very enojoyable. I'm so glad I've gotten to know you. You are so high quality and I live just right down the hall from you! I'm so lucky!
Love you Melis!!!