Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas in the City of Park

Best Christmas moments of 2009:

Ok, this one tops the list. Christmas morning we're all looking in our stockings. Kimberly (my sister) thanks Kevin (her husband) for the orange or whatever random thing was put in there at the last minute (since Santa really just focuses on the kids under age 10 it seems like). Kevin tells her to dig deeper because there's something else. She turns it upside down and says 'nope, I think that's all'. We all look around trying to figure out where the mystery gift could be. We then notice grandpa (my dad) just starting to read a card he found in an envelope entitled 'My precious'.

The day after Christmas I ask my 3 year old niece what her favorite Christmas present was and without hesitation she responds 'my tinker bell pillow book'(from Aunt Melissa). Priceless... even if she would have told grandma it was what she got from her and Mom it was what she got from her...

Getting to have heart to hearts with Kristina late at night, and Mom on the way to the airport.

Jesse, Shane, and Alex on my lap while I read A Christmas Carol, amazed that they could sit through almost an entire book without pictures.

Cafe Rio with Kimberly, and the return trip to get the purse I left on my chair (oh yeah and refill our favorite beverages).

Seeing old friends.

Working out with Kimberly in the morning... accidentally catching part of her dance workout (now I know where I get my awesome moves).


Dad's hair, and unhealthy attachment to the dreaded beanie.

Hearing the lines 'totally bogus' and 'let's snowboard for Christ' in a talk at the Park City singles ward.

No comments: