Tuesday, May 15, 2012


Lately... I have NOT been good about taking pictures. BUT, I've had some great adventures and may be able to scrounge up a few pictures. Camping and the most grueling half marathon trail run EVER. Also one of the most beautiful courses. Just north of SF.
The half marathoners prepping for the big race. One of us ran a lot faster than the other... Dani might be the most hardcore athlete I know. But... I did receive this little ribbon in the mail a few weeks later. 99% sure it's a mistake, but I'll go with it.
Dave, me, Danielle, Shelly... all finished strong despite the intensity of the trail. Dave and Dani actually placed.
Crazy sunglasses make any occasion better.
Starting the race in the soft sand. Good thing I didn't know running in soft sand was a cake walk compared to the remainder of the trail.
I knew I looked ridiculous, just didn't know I looked ridiculous enough for Dave to be laughing at me and strangers to be staring... what no one runs in wool socks, funky sunglasses, and lopsided tights?
The best part of my day- covered in salt and sand, laying on a warm beach, done with the run. Lovely.
Thank you Jennia. She knows how much I love sand:)
Ahhhh...

No comments: