Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Conversation today at the end of Spanish with one of my favorite 6 year olds: Lindsey: "Melissa, do you have a dog?" Tanvee: "No, she doesn't have a dog. She's not married" Me: Smiling, "No I don't have a dog but you don't have to be married to have a dog" Lindsey: "Do you have a kiden?" Me: "When I was a little girl I had one but I don't anymore" Lindsey: "Do you have fishes?" Me: "Nope" Tanvee: "Melissa that is very surprising that you are not married. You're almost 30!" (a couple of kids came into my office the other day and guessed my age. One said 15 and another said 45 so I decided to let them know I was actually right in the middle) Me: Still smiling, "Well it's not that weird. I think it will happen someday" Tanvee: "You need to get married. You're getting old. But don't do it on a Tuesday or Thursday because I want to have Spanish" (I teach Spanish to their class on Tuesdays and Thursdays) Me: "Ok Tanvee. I'll make sure not to get married on a Tuesday or Thursday. And I'll try to do it soon" Tanvee: "Then you can get a baby and a dog" Me:" That sounds great. I'll work on it"

No comments: