Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our hostel was right on the beach so I got to see the sunrise every morning during my run along the coastal path. On the last morning I saw whales breaching. It kind of made up for the sleepless camping night.

Sunrise

Snorkeling in Kauai was amazing. A-MAZ-ING. I have never seen fish more colorful and beautiful. And so many of them, swimming so close to me.

We found a campground on the last night of the trip. After six hours of trying to fall asleep through what I thought was the beginning of a hurricane, we had a flashlight in our face and heard someone saying 'Wake up. It's illegal to camp here. You chose the most dangerous spot in Kauai. You're lucky you weren't assaulted.' We drove to a cliff on the east shore and watched the sunrise.

The bike ride along the east shore I had been looking forward to. Cruisers are so comfortable compared to road bikes...

Great talk with Bek on our last beach trip

No comments: