Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kauai

As soon as we landed, rented a car, and got food, we were on the beach (Poi Pu) soaking up a perfect afternoon in paradise. We listened to Brad Wilcox's 'His Grace is Sufficient'. My favorite things all at the same time; with one of my best friends, listening to a good talk, the sun shining on me, sand between my toes, and salty water five steps away.

The trip was far from what I expected. I planned on a tropical vacation and to come back more... tan? Instead I saw some of God's most beautiful creations, as well as the Lord's hand as I learned about what really is most important, and came back more... refined. By the last day I could see how the Lord loves me enough not have given me the 'perfect vacation' (I won't go into the craziness, but things didn't exactly go smoothly), but an experience that has made me a better person. There were many small miracles, and some big ones. And I am grateful for my experience. All of it:)

Saturday sunset



Sunday sightseeing at Secret Beach

Waimea- the Grand Canyon of Hawaii

1 comment:

Susie said...

Your pictures are gorgeous, Meliss! I need to go there. I love your optimism. You always see the good in everything. Miss you.