Saturday, July 30, 2011

VA to CA via DC, MD, PA, WV,OH,IN,IL, MO, KS, CO, WY, UT, AZ, NV

First, the goodbyes.


Fourth of July farewell... Bekah, Heather, Cousin Becca


It was so hard to leave. I kept postponing my departure date. Then all of a sudden I knew I just had to get in my car and not look back. And I was off. I drove my favorite drive down the GW Parkway, past the monuments, along the Potomac, and off to my cross country adventure. No tears, just a bit of shock and a lot of relief that I finally did it.

Beauty in the Midwest

My cross country traveling buddy. She's faithfully taken me across the country twice with no problems. And my rear view for almost 3,000 miles and 6 days of driving.

Charlie and me in Denver. My favorite parts of the trip were the stops. Amber J. in Cincinnati, Travis and Millie in Kansas City, Charlie in Denver, Stace's parents in St. George.


Pullin up to Park City. Western beauty.


And the best part of Park City... well tied with qt with Kimberly.



I'm going to be a mom like her. I hope.

A recurring theme...

Reuniting with two of my favorite girls from the BY; Kira and Stace.

And Kira's little addition. She forgot Jeffrey's hat so she fashioned an even better one out of a burp cloth. Brilliant. One of the many reasons she's a super mom.

PS, update: After a shortened but nearly perfect stay in Park City I went out to Palo Alto for a couple of interviews, made a very difficult decision between two really great schools, and will soon begin a new challenge. I'll be teaching the little guys all the way up to middle schoolers at Bowman International School, a Montessori K-8 school. I am SO excited.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

yay!! congrats on the job! I miss you, MDG! Glad you had a good drive. XOXOXO

Jennifer Maughan Duke said...

Good luck girlie!!! I get to start new adventures this year too. It has been a long time, pero ha sido bueno. Cuidete!
Jen Duke (Maughan)