Sunday, October 17, 2010

THE TRAIL

I kind of forgot until a couple days before the half marathon that it was a trail run... and didn't know what to expect. I did not know that:

1. Driving down with Ryan, Kathryn, Suz, and Sarah would be a BLAST (even if it was 6 hours to Greensboro NC)

2. I would get the best night's sleep I'd had for a long time... sharing a double and hotel room with 4 other people

3. I would trip and fall twice on the trail. Second time the guy right behind me would trip on exactly the same tree trunk as he was asking if I was ok

4. It would be a PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL day on a gorgeous lake

5. I would enjoy running it so much, and without music

6. I would finish almost 30 minutes later than any of my other half marathons after feeling like I totally rocked the run

7. I would want to do another trail run asap:)


Road Trip!

Pre-race unity:)

At the starting line

Post-race

2 comments:

Patricia said...

You are SO hard core.

Susie said...

Well at least one of us wants to do a trail run again. As for me, I'd rather drop dead. But hey, the memories were fun and it is kinda funny now that I look back. Haha. Love you #4.